Wednesday, March 28, 2007

scary night!

This picture made me think of what it may have looked like in their neighborhood the night that Jem and Scout were walking home from the pageant. When the book is describing this part in the story it talks about how dark it is and the huge tree. Also it mentions that the road is nearby because Jem trys to drag Scout out onto the road. The houses nearby in the photo made me picture their neighborhood and Boo Radley's house that was near because he was able to save Jem and Scout's lives. Other then the fact the picture in more in present times is that what anyone else pictured the night of the "attack" like?...

5 comments:

Super Spy 1 said...

I did't picture any lights of course but then again i did't picture the whole forest like scene in the movie either. I pictured it more along the lines of being by the Radley place near the oak tree...maybe I wasn't paying attnetion when I was reading it. But that is how I pictured it.

thegoldenone said...

I basically pictured it when i was reading, i thought there would be more people around since like the whole town was coming back from the pagent and when i was reading i thought it was odd that there were no lights, especially coming from houses. The picture does a good job describing the scene though.. kinda creepy with that huge tree too, good hiding place.

Kelsey Pingleton said...

I pictured it pretty much like the movie. With the exception of them being so deep into the woods. I thought that they would be under a tree on the edge of a field. Or at least not so surrounded with trees.

CaptainCrunch said...

I pictured the tree to be basically right by the road. Kind of like when you walk down an old sidewalk and there is a tree that makes a crack a in it and there is dirt around it. I don't know thats just what i pictured when i read it because, like Scout, i have walked down a sidewalk barefooted and felt the coolness of dirt under a tree compared to the hot sidewalk and it just made sense.

Han Solo said...

This is a very good representation of the text!!!