Saturday, March 24, 2007

This has been really bugging me. I do not think that Tom actually just decided to run away while at work the day he died. "They shot him." said Atticus. "He was running......They said he just broke out into a blind raving chrage at the fence and started climbing over. Right in front of them-" ......the guards called him to stop. They fired a few shots in the air, then to kill him.....Seventeen bullet holes in him. They didn't have to shoot him that much." It seems to me that maybe the guards at his work were threatning to kim him since the goverment won't, at least for a while. They may have wanted justice then and there so they said that hey we are going to kill you today, but if you run we might miss. I mean the guy had seventeen bullet holes in him that is a little too much. Two would have done the trick. So that is why I think that Tom was murdered and that his death was NOT a accident.

3 comments:

Knightley said...

Sorry I forgot to put what page the quote was on. It was on page 235.

Rebel Without an "H" said...

I beleive that Tom was kill by pejudice and not by running away. I agree with you 100% and I think the government should of gave Tom in a place with no pejudice; but in this story it had to come out with pain and horror. That is why this book is a great book.

Carl said...

I agree as well, to some extent. I think that maybe Tom wasn't running away, but perhaps was pausing from his work or something miniscule like that. This probably provoked the hateful guards to accuse him of running away and to shoot him....seventeen times. I don't think Tom would run away because cowardliness does not appear to be one of his characteristics. I believe he has more pride and backbone than that.