Thursday, March 22, 2007

Tradition

In addition to being a great American classic, To Kill A Mockingbird has inspired traditions all around the south. Being a part of their culture, the south was known for it's hateful racism, and for that reason Harper Lee wrote a book about this period of time in the 1930's. This famous book sparked conflict, yet made it on to tehe big screen. It has now become a yearly tradition, for cities in the south to hold sometimes daily or sometimes yearly plays. This has attracted many tourists over time because of the fact that they would be watch this play where it actually took place. While this has little to do with the book, I thought it would be interesting to learn that many places down south like to keep this story alive. So, I'm asking, if you had a chance to be a part of this play, what character would you choose to play and why?

5 comments:

Robert Allen said...

Just wanted to know where you got the post from?

Andie Sachs said...

Jesus Christ, I got this post from a National Geographic magazine.

Carl said...

I think I would want to be one of the neighborhood ladies, like Ms. Stephanie. I have always found these types of ladies very comical. They were and still are a major part of sourthern living. They also were very racist and were a big part of the problem. I think that it would be fun to play a nosey busy-body.

The E of SHE said...

If I were in the play I would probably be Scout( or I would want to be Scout). When I was younger I was always getting into trouble. Whatever I could get into I did....oh the memories. I see a little bit of my younger self in Scout.

PrincessJasmine said...

Is it just me or have we been asked this question a hundred times?? "who are you most like?" "who would you be in this book' are they not basically the same questions? anyway... andie sachs, i do however, like the way you lead up to this question better. It was much more creative, and i can tell you put a lot of thought into it. YAY andie!!! :)But, i guess i would want to be Boo Radely in a play because i then wouldn't have to memorize any lines..