Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Mayella and her "injuries"

"Found her lying on the floor in the middle of the front room, one on the right as you go in. She was pretty well beat up, but I heaved her to her feet and she washed her face in a bucket in the corner and she said she was all right."
This is how I actually picture Mayella's injuries. I don't think she really had any real injuries, and there is no proof of injuries in the trial. I think, like in the picture, that she may have had some injuries, but I think they were all part of an act. In the picture, she is showing off her injury like it is a show. I think Mayellas injuries are all apart of a show, the Mr. Ewell is putting on. I think he created the whole story of Tom raping his little girl, because he is a racist pig. I think he actually is the one who would rape his daughter not Tom. What do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One must take into consideration that Mr. Ewell is also an drunk who has impaired judgement...especially when it comes to the welfare of his children. Did the person who testified after Mr. Ewell really want to now the truth? Was he blackmailed into testifying against Tom Robinson?

floridaprincess said...

I think was telling the truth...she really did have those injuries. They were from her father. She really was beaten up bad, but like Atticus said, it was by someone was left-handed like Bob.

Carl said...

She had the injuries. They were clearly from her drunken father. You're forgetting that the trial is almost a year after the alleged rape happened. I think that Ewell claimed Tom raped Mayella because he didn't want to go to jail for beating up Mayella.

Chazz Michael Michaels said...

uhh, duh. how long did it take you to think up that one Carl. of course bob beat up mayella. in my opinion mayella is just a nasty, no good, rotten, goon for nothing, slime eatin, toad stealin, nose pickin, skum bag. she wanted a black man, which there is nothing wrong with that, but then she tried to force herself on tom R. Totally scandalous.